|Vermont Senate Rutland District|
|2010 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1993|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||December 14, 2009|
|Appointed by||Jim Douglas, Governor of Vermont|
|House of Representatives|
|Associate's||Southern Vermont College|
|Birthday||August 2, 1948|
Flory was a Town Agent for the Town of Pittsford in 1991. She then served the Town of Pittsford as a Selectman from 1992 to 1996, and she served as Chair of the Board of Selectmen from 1993 to 1996. Flory also served as the Pittsford Water Commissioner from 1994 to 1996.
Flory was a Secretary/Paralegal for the Richard A. Pearson Law Office from 1983 to 1991. She then worked as a Law Clerk for the same law office from 1991 to 1995. She has worked for Pearson & Flory Limited Liability Company as an attorney since 1995.
Flory earned her AS from Southern Vermont College in 1968. She also received an AS Degree from Champlain College in 1988.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Flory served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Institutions, Chair|
|• Judicial Retention|
|• Judicial Rules|
|• Administrative Rules|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Flory served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Government Operations|
|• Judicial Rules|
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Flory won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Rutland District. Flory was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2010
Flory was re-elected to the 21st District Seat (Rutland District) in 2010. She ran against Kevin Mullin (R), Thomas Deply (R), Cheryl Hooker (R), and Carolyn Schwalbe (R) in the primary. She defeated Thomas Deply (R), Cheryl Hooker (R), Bob Baird (D), William Cruikshank (I), and Dennis Morrisseau (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Flory received $4,975 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Vermont State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Margaret Flory's campaign in 2010|
|Corrections Corp Of America||$500|
|Jim Douglas For Gov||$500|
|Green Mountain Republican Senate Cmte||$400|
|Broughton, Lenore F||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$4,975|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Margaret + Flory + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Flory and her husband, Joseph, have three children.
- Biography from Vermont Secretary of State website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- ↑ VPON "Legislative Report," January 2010
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- ↑ Official primary candidate list
- ↑ General Election 2010 Official Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions