For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 34|
|2008 - 2010|
Vanderhye has worked as an assistant to Brent Scowcroft & Henry Kissinger, and as a research assistant with the Brookings Institution.
On her official website, Vanderhye lists her legislative priorities as transportation, education, and energy & conservation.
- Transportation - "We need dedicated, sufficient, and sustainable transportation funding, and we need to make sure our decisions about growth and our decisions about transportation infrastructure relate to each other in a deliberate, coherent manner"
- Education - "Our students must be first class critical thinkers, not just great test-takers. We need to continue recruit and retain teachers who are dedicated to their profession and to our children."
- Energy & conservation - "We need a comprehensive environmental program in Virginia, one that encourages conservation and the development of renewable energy sources. By doing so we can also spur economic development in economically stressed areas of Virginia."
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Virginia House
- Science and Technology Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Chesapeake
In 2009, Vanderhye lost his bid for re-election to the Virginia House of Delegates.
- HB 2200 Every Woman's Life Breast and Cervical Cancer Fund; established.
- HB 2201 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Investment Authority; created, responsible for research, etc.
- HB 2202 Greenhouse gas emissions; State Air Pollution Control Board to adopt regulation requiring reporting.
The top 5 donors to Vanderhye's 2007 campaign:
- 1. VA Democratic Party $164,319
- 2. House Democratic Caucus $51,590
- 3. Vanderhye, Margaret $50,000
- 4. One Virginia $21,000
- 5. Moving Virginia Forward $20,538
- Delegate Margaret Vanderhye official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Vanderhye
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007
- Interview with the Sorensen Institute
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 34
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |