|North Dakota House of Representatives District 18|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||New York University|
Strinden earned her B.F.A. from New York University and is currently pursuing a M.B.A. Her professional experience includes working as the Executive Director of the North Valley Arts Council.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Strinden served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Taxation|
|• Government and Veterans Affairs|
Strinden stated, "I am running for the North Dakota Legislature to bring increased prosperity to Grand Forks, give a voice to members of our community from all walks of life, and to represent the needs of everyone in District 18."
Strinden ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota House District 18. Strinden and incumbent Eliot Glassheim ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. They defeated Dane J. Ferguson in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 18 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eliot Glassheim Incumbent||38.4%||3,196|
|Republican||Dane J. Ferguson||27.3%||2,269|
Comprehensive donor information for Strinden is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Strinden raised a total of $2,575 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 29, 2013.
|Marie Strinden's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State House, District 18||$2,575|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,575|
2012Strinden won election to the North Dakota State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Strinden raised a total of $2,575.
|North Dakota State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marie Strinden's campaign in 2012|
|House Democratic-NPL Caucus of North Dakota||$600|
|Friends of Kent Conrad||$250|
|Boilermakers Local 647||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$2,575|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Strinden currently resides in Grands Fork, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marie + Strinden + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Marie Strinden," accessed May 23, 2014
- Wepay.com, "Marie Strinden for the North Dakota House," accessed September 20, 2012(Dead link)
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Strinden, Marie," accessed May 29, 2013
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |