|Nevada State Assembly District 1|
|2004 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Speaker, Nevada State Assembly|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Western High School|
|Profession||Sales Executive, Local Food Distribution Companies|
Kirkpatrick is a sales executive for Local Food Distribution Companies. She and her husband, Michael, have six children: Jessica, Tamara, Destiny, Dalton, Sarah and Tara.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor, Vice Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Government Affairs, Chair|
|• Legislative Operations and Elections|
|• Taxation, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Government Affairs|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Kirkpatrick won re-election in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 1. Kirkpatrick ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 1 General election (2010)|
|Michael Roberson (D)||8,336|
|Mark Trudeau (R)||5,288|
Kirkpatrick raised $227,747 for her campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 1 (2008)|
|Marilyn Kirkpatrick (D)||11,931||65.78%|
|Linda West Myers||6,207||34.22%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Kirkpatrick was up for re-election, she collected $276,511 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Kirkpatrick's 2010 campaign.
|International Gaming Technology||$7,500|
|Nevada Power Co||$7,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Marilyn Kirkpatrick's 2008 campaign.
|Associated General Contractors||$11,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 525||$10,087|
|Clark County Education Association||$7,500|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marilyn + Kirkpatrick + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada Assembly Speaker Marilyn Kirkpatrick pitches admissions tax proposal - Truckee Times
- Majority Leader William Horne collapses on Nevada Assembly floor - Reno Gazette Journal
- Lawmaker moves to tax golfing , NASCAR - Nevada Appeal
- All-day kindergarten bill removes mandate - San Francisco Chronicle
- Sandoval keeps tax promise as Legislature nears end - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Is it possible to reform our out-of-date tax code? - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Nevada Assembly urges Congress to fix immigration - KRNV My News 4
- Remember those promises of early tax talks during Nevada Legislature? Yeah ... - Las Vegas Sun
- Redevelopment, parental rights, other bills pass legislative deadline - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Tax talk to rule the week at Nevada Legislature - Nevada Appeal
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Nevada State Assembly - Rep. Marilyn Kirkpatrick
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Marilyn's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
|Nevada State Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|