Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Hawaii, District 2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 9, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Customs Administration, Philippine Maritime Institute, Manila, Philippines|
Capelouto was a Republican candidate for District 40 in the Hawaii House of Representatives in the September 18, 2010 state legislative elections. The general election was November 2, 2010.
Capelouto's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Repeal the 12.5% Rail Tax Increase
- Excerpt: "We can put nearly $1,000 per year back into each family's pocketbook while ending the farce that the wasteful rail boondoggle will speed up traffic for West Oahu residents."
- Cut Electricity Bills Through Expediting Solar
- Excerpt: "Another big solution which will put thousands of dollars per year back in each family's pocketbook is by having our government issue bonds to finance modern solar energy systems for every home statewide. Homeowners will be able to pay for these solar installations through their property taxes over ten years rather than continuing to opt out of the solar revolution due to the high upfront costs."
- Create Sales Tax Holidays for Consumers
- Excerpt: "To boost the economy and help working families, I would like to establish regular sales tax holidays throughout the year, such as 'back-to-school' season when families need to stock up on school supplies, purchase new clothes and other goods and services related to education. Seventeen other states see the wisdom of establishing tax holidays, especially to spur economic activity before school starts in the fall."
- Restore Cut Funding to School Buses
- Excerpt: "The same politicians and bureaucrats who refuse to misdirect precious education funds to the bloated DOE bureaucracy rather than making sure our tax dollars reach schools have now cut the funding for school buses which take kids to/from our public schools. It's just another example of mismanagement and skewed priorities."
- Reform Public Education Through Needed Innovation
- Excerpt: "Public schools in Hawaii shortchange island students year after year, denying them the quality of learning and achievement despite the billions and billions spent by taxpayers on our public education system. State government's failures are too many to count. To fix these failures, teachers unions and misguided politicians must stop pretending higher taxes and more spending are silver bullets."
Capelouto is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Hawaii's 2nd District. Capelouto is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Capelouto ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 42. Capelouto ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 40 incumbent Sharon Har (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 42, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Sharon Har Incumbent||73.5%||6,251|
Capelouto is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Marissa + Capelouto + Hawaii + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District
- Hawaii's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Hawaii elections, 2014
- Hawaii Free Press, "Why Marissa is Running for Congress," accessed January 21, 2014
- Marissa Capelouto, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed December 13, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Marissa Capelouto," accessed October 3, 2012