|Montana House of Representatives, District 10|
|2007 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Speaker of the House|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Vista Restaurant and Bar|
Blasdel is a business and co-owner of Vista Restaurant and Bar.
In August 2012, Blasdel wrote an opinion piece for the Montana Business Leadership Council opposing increasing taxes on the oil and gas industry, saying that it already paid a higher tax rate than other industries.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Blasdel served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Blasdel served on these committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Taxation, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Blasdel served on these committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
Blasdel won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 10. Blasdel ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Alexander William Schaeffer (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark Blasdel Incumbent||74.8%||4,602|
On November 2, 2010 Blasdel won election to the Montana House of Representatives. He did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. Carla Augustad ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 10 General Election (2010)|
|Mark Blasdel (R)||3,536|
|Carla Augustad (D)||916|
On November 4, 2008 Mark Blasdel won the seat to the Montana House of Representatives for District 10, receiving 4,412 votes.
Blasdel raised $5,099 for his campaign.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 10|
|Mark Blasdel (R)||4,412|
|Carla Augustad (D)||1,632|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Blasdel was up for re-election, he collected $2,655 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Montana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Blasdel's campaign in 2010|
|Flathead County Republican Womens Club||$600|
|Flathead County Republican Central Cmte||$200|
|Schmalz, Heidi H||$130|
|Arntzen, Steven W||$130|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,655|
In 2008, a year in which Blasdel was up for re-election, he collected $5,099 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Montana House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Blasdel's campaign in 2008|
|Blasdel, Mark Wade||$500|
|Flathead County Republican Womens Club||$250|
|Montana Association Of Realtors||$160|
|Taylor, Mark R||$160|
|Montana Contractors Association||$160|
|Total Raised in 2008||$5,099|
In 2006, a year in which Blasdel ran for election, he collected $9,664 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Montana House of Representatives 2006 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Blasdel's campaign in 2006|
|Flathead County Republican Womens Club||$500|
|Blasdel, Mark W||$500|
|Spoklie, Robert L||$230|
|Flathead County Republican Central Cmte||$230|
|Total Raised in 2006||$9,664|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mark + Blasdel + Montana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor, lawmakers divided on results of Montana Legislature - Missoulian - The Missoulian
- Black mark - Missoula Independent
- Montana legislative leaders to interview 5 for political practices commissioner - The Missoulian
- Blasdel reflects on legislative session - Flathead Publishing Group
- Montana legislators working out tax cut bills as session nears end - The Missoulian
- GOP Lawmakers Respond to Governor's 71 Vetoes - Flathead Beacon
- Panel recommends 5 political practices candidates to Montana governor - The Missoulian
- GOP legislators criticize Montana governor's vetoes - Missoulian - The Missoulian
- Accidents Happen a Lot - Flathead Beacon
- Tin Men Have No Hearts - Flathead Beacon
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Blasdel and his wife, Renae, have one child.
- Montana House of Representatives - Rep. Mark Blasdel
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2010, 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Blasdel
- ↑ Montana Business Leadership Council, "Opinion: Differences in presidential candidate tax policies affect MT," retrieved October 12, 2012.
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate Filing List
- ↑ Montana Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Mark's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2006 campaign contributions
|Montana House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |