|Maine House of Representatives District 113|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Maine|
|J.D.||University of Maine School of Law|
Dion is an attorney, practicing in Portland, Maine. Prior to his time in the House, Dion served three terms as the Sheriff for Cumberland County.
Dion graduated from Harvard University's Senior Executives Program in State and Local Government. Dion is also a graduate of the University of Maine School of Law.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dion served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice and Public Safety, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dion served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy, Utilities and Technology|
Dion won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 113. Dion ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and defeated Porter Leighton (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 113, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mark Dion Incumbent||67.5%||3,503|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 113 (2010)|
|Mark Dion (D)||2,581||58%|
|Jason Harris (R)||1,683||38% |
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dion raised $4,079 in contributions. 
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $3,729 to his campaign.
Dion has a wife, Cheryl.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mark + Dion + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine legislative panel opposes marijuana legalization - Kennebec Journal
- Forecaster Forum: Putting aside politics to reform Maine's tax code - The Forecaster
- Maine has chance to pass sound, sensible gun limits - Kennebec Journal
- Legislature wades through hundreds of proposals - The Portland Phoenix
- Bill Seeks to Provide Beds for Psychiatric Emergencies - MPBN News
- Lawmakers endorse gun show background checks, kill plan to allow concealed ... - Bangor Daily News
- Should Maine allow teachers to carry guns in school? - Bangor Daily News
- Tensions mount among Maine lawmakers handling gun bills - Bangor Daily News
- Legislators plan to roll out bipartisan tax reform - Portland Daily Sun
- Committee to hear Maine gun-control proposals this afternoon - Morning Sentinel
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mark Dion on LinkedIn
Joan Cohen (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 113
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Freedom of Access Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |