Mark E. Hutton
|Mark E. Hutton|
|Kansas House of Representatives District 105|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University (1977)|
Hutton has owned and operated his own construction company since 1992. He attended Kansas State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Construction Science and Management.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hutton served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Labor and Economic Development|
|• Financial Institutions|
Hutton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Our tax policy has contributed to years of weak performance, which is why income and property taxes must be lowered to competitive levels."
- Excerpt:"State government is too large and inefficient. We must demand efficiency and control spending growth."
- Excerpt:"Education funding must be consistent and predictable, but we must maximize dollars to the classroom and insist on accountability for spending and outcomes."
- Excerpt:"Pro-life, pro-traditional marriage conservative."
- Excerpt:"Americans have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Local, state and federal governments should never infringe on that right."
Hutton won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 105. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Liz Hicks (D) and Randall Batson (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 105, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark Hutton Incumbent||55.8%||4,468|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Hutton and his wife Mary have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Hutton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House Committee Approves More NBAF Bonds - KMUW
- Customers give Google Fiber high marks - News & Observer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "huttonforkansashouse," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
Gene Suellentrop (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 105
| Succeeded by|