|South Dakota House District 24|
|2011 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of South Dakota, 1972|
|Master's||University of Florida, 1986 |
University of South Dakota, 1974
|Place of birth||Pierre, SD|
He spent two years teaching before entering the United States Air Force in 1975. Venner served in the Air Force for 20 years, during which time he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. When he transitioned back into civilian life, he became the owner of Venner Farm, where he continues to work.
Venner received his B.S. in Engineering and his M.Ed. from the University of South Dakota, and his M.S. in Engineering from the University of Florida. He and his wife Denise have four children, Mark, Analee, Viki, and Phil.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Venner served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
Venner ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 24. Venner was defeated by Mary Duvall and Tim Rounds in the Republican primary on June 5. No Democratic candidates filed for election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Tad Perry (R) is running for State Senate in District 24.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 24 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mark E. Venner Incumbent||30%||2,015|
|South Dakota State House, District 24 (2010)|
|Mark Venner (R)||5,635||36.90%|
|Tad Perry (R)||5,428||35.54%|
|Jodi R Owen (D)||4,209||27.56%|
In 2010, Venner raised $10,722 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Venner, Mark & Denise||$1,500|
|Hughes County Republican Party C/O Olson||$1,000|
Venner and her husband Timothy have three children, Michelle, Justin, and Heather.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Venner + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- ↑ Project Vote Smart: Representative Mark Eugene Venner Sr.
- ↑ Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- ↑ South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- ↑ South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Project Vote Smart: Representative Lora Lyn Hubbel
Ryan Olson (R), Tim Rounds (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 24
| Succeeded by|