Mark H. Barker
|Mark H. Barker|
|Colorado House of Representatives District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||Denver University College of Law|
|Place of birth||Lawton, OK|
Barker earned his B.A. in Criminal Justice and Organizational Leadership from Chapman University and his J.D. from Denver University College of Law. His professional experience includes working as an attorney for the Fourth Judicial District Attorney, partner of Radabaugh, Barker & Callison Limited and for the Colorado Springs Police Department. Barker served in the United States Navy.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Barker served on these committees:
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Transportation Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
Barker's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I support lower business taxes, as well as smart business deregulation to help our businesses prosper and attract other businesses to our House District 17."
- Excerpt:"I will fight for TABOR and your right to decide how your taxes are spent."
- Excerpt:"I believe it is vital to adequately fund our educational system and support our hard working teachers, while bringing education to a higher priority in Colorado."
- Excerpt:"I believe vital services that make our neighborhoods safer must not experience detrimental budget cuts."
Right To Life
- Excerpt:"I cherish life and believe life starts at conception. I support alternatives to abortion and the promotion of proven education programs that decrease unplanned pregnancies."
Barker ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Colorado House of Representatives District 17. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by Thomas Exum, Sr. (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Barker defeated incumbent Democrat Dennis Apuan in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 17 General election (2010)|
|Mark H. Barker (R)||4,807|
|Dennis Apuan (D)||4,155|
In 2010, Barker raised $63,812 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Barker, Mark H||$5,669|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors||$4,650|
|Homes For All Coloradoans Cmte||$4,000|
|Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee||$4,000|
Barker and his wife, Teresa, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mark + Barker + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado House of Representatives
- Colorado House Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Official campaign website website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mark Barker on Facebook
|Colorado House District 17
| Succeeded by|
Thomas Exum, Sr. (D)