|Washington House of Representatives, District 44a|
|Mill Creek City Council|
|Profession||Computer technology industry|
Harmsworth's professional experience includes working as a software engineer at Microsoft. He earned A Levels in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Plymouth.
Harmsworth's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Stop overspending and live within our means
- Excerpt: "We need to prioritize the critical services first. Mark will focus on a sustainable long term solutions and not short term band-aids. State budget gimmicks are not the answer."
- Prioritize public safety and schools
- Excerpt: "As a City Councilman, Mark focused on funding basic services first. As our State Representative, he will do the same and work for a prioritized budget with fiscal restraint. Mark will make school funding a priority and not a budget bargaining chip."
- Support small business to create jobs
- Excerpt: "We need more family wage jobs. Small businesses create the majority of all new jobs. Mark will work to remove roadblocks that stifle job growth. We need to remove unnecessary regulation to help our existing businesses and to attract new employers to our state."
Harmsworth ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 44a. Harmsworth advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Hans Dunshee (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 44a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Hans Dunshee Incumbent||54.4%||35,366|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Harmsworth + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Harmsworth has a wife, Sarah, and three children. Harmsworth is from Mill Creek, WA.
- Candidate bio submission, June 25, 2012
- markharmsworth.com - Official campaign website
- Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Mark Harmsworth, "About Mark," accessed August 3, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |