Mark Harris (Wisconsin)
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Winnebago County Executive|
He was a potential Democratic candidate for Governor of Wisconsin in the 2014 elections. He announced in an e-mail on August 30, 2013, that he would no longer be seeking the seat in the next election.
Harris currently serves as Winnebago County Executive.
|U.S. House, Wisconsin District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Source: Wisconsin Government Accountability Board|
- See also: Wisconsin gubernatorial election, 2014
Harris was considering a run for election as Governor of Wisconsin in 2014. Harris announced his decision not to run on August 30, 2013. An e-mail sent by Harris stated, "I have concluded that while I have insights and ideas regarding the governance of Wisconsin, that I will not enter the race for Governor. Entry into the race as an underfunded candidate may not be helpful to bring the policy extremes of the current administration to an end." He noted that if the other more well-known and well-funded Democratic candidates declined to run, he would then reconsider jumping back into the race.
|Mark Harris (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 14, 2014||$0.00||$37,320.00||$(12,167.49)||$25,152.51|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2014||$42,427.74||$114,467.79||$(15,955.63)||$140,939.90|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Harris + Wisconsin + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin gubernatorial election, 2014
- United States House of Representatives
- Wisconsin's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Wisconsin's 6th Congressional District
- MiamiHerald.com, "GOP's Leibham, Democrat Harris join Wisconsin race," accessed May 5, 2014 (dead link)
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Winnebago County exec says he's leaning toward Democratic run for governor," August 19, 2013
- Journal Sentinel, "Winnebago County Exec Mark Harris declines run for governor," August 30, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Mark Harris 2014 Summary reports," accessed October 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed October 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed October 23, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |