|Running for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Nevada State Senate, District 6|
| February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 9, 2016|
|Years in position ||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Bonanza High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada-Las Vegas, 1987|
|J.D.||Brigham Young University, 1990|
|Place of birth||Las Vegas, Nevada|
is a Republican
member of the Nevada State Senate
, representing District 6. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
Hutchinson is a Republican candidate seeking election to the office of Nevada Lieutenant Governor in 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hutchison served on the following committees:
- See also: Nevada lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2014
Hutchison is running in the 2014 election for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- See also: Nevada State Senate elections, 2012
Hutchison ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Senate, District 6. Hutchison ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and defeated Benny Yerushalmi in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Senate, District 6, General Election, 2012
|| Benny Yerushalmi
2012 Campaign themes
Hutchison's 2012 platform consisted of:
- Working Hard to Create Jobs: ."..Mark will work to diversify Nevada’s economy, encourage hi-tech companies to locate here, and invest in the future, but he also understands that Nevadans are suffering today. Mark supports extending tax breaks for 115,000 small businesses to foster economic growth and will work to create new jobs in the construction and tourism industries."
- Focusing on Education: ."..We need to focus on core subjects – reading, writing, math, science and history. Mark supports giving parents the option to choose schools that are right for their children. He will work to improve public education by advocating for students – not entrenched bureaucracy – shifting cost-savings directly to the classroom, and cutting the education bureaucracy and using the money saved to hire more teachers and reduce class size."
- Bringing More Value to Government: ."..[Hutchison] will fight to prudently use hard-earned tax dollars, cut irresponsible spending, promote fiscal responsibility, and ensure our state government lives within a balanced budget."
- Defending Nevadans' Rights: Hutchison's website cites his role as the state's counsel in the federal lawsuit challenging the Affordable Care Act as "defending Nevadans' rights to decide for themselves what products they wish to buy...."
Comprehensive donor information for Hutchison is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hutchison raised a total of $587,384 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
Hutchison won election to the Nevada State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hutchison raised a total of $587,384
|Nevada State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Hutchison's campaign in 2012|
|Hutchinson & Steffen||$11,126|
|Settelmeyer Campaign Account||$10,000|
|Troesh, Dennis A.||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$587,384|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Hutchison + Nevada + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mark Hutchison News Feed
- ↑ Mark Hutchinson for Lieutenant Governor 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed September 26, 2013
- ↑ News 4, Hutchison to run for Nevada lieutenant governor, July 8, 2013
- ↑ RGJ.com Hutchison may be first of many to opt in race for Nevada lieutenant governor, July 8, 2013
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Committee to Elect Mark Hutchison, home page - Issues tab, retrieved October 19, 2012
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Hutchison, Mark." Retrieved June 13, 2013
| Political offices
Allison Copening (D)
|Nevada State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|