|Mark J. Romanchuk|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 2|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Ontario High School|
|Bachelor's||DeVry University, B.S. (Electronic engineering technology)|
|Master's||Vanderbilt University, M.B.A.|
|Profession||Owner/President, PR Machine Works, Inc.|
Romanchuk earned his B.S. in Electronic Engineering Technology from DeVry University and his M.B.A. from Vanderbilt University. Romanchuk is the Owner and President of PR Machine Works, Inc.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Romanchuk served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Economic and Workforce Development|
|• Public Utilities|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Romanchuk served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Manufacturing and Workforce Development|
|• Public Utilities|
Romanchuk's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Kick Start the Economy
- Excerpt: "Representative Romanchuk will support policies that focus on jobs and investment in people. Small business growth is the engine of job creation, and he will work with local business leaders to market our area to entrepreneurs and existing businesses that have yet to discover the advantages Richland County provides."
Restore and Revitalize Manufacturing
- Excerpt: "Representative Romanchuk will strive to make Richland County and Ohio the most competitive places to manufacture in the world. He understands Ohio’s workforce development programs need to be aligned to the needs of businesses."
Practical Approach to Government
- Excerpt: "Representative Romanchuk will advocate for policies that make our state more competitive in the marketplace and more prosperous for our families. He will encourage job growth by voting against useless government regulations and against tax hikes and needless fees."
Uphold Constitutional Freedoms
- Excerpt: "Representative Romanchuk is a conservative. He believes the power of the government is limited by the Constitution and that we all have inalienable rights that uphold human life, dignity, and freedom."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Don Bryant was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Mark Romanchuk was unopposed in the Republican primary. Romanchuk defeated Bryant in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 2 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Mark Romanchuk Incumbent||69.9%||22,615|
Romanchuk won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 2. Romanchuk defeated Craig Wright in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Ellen Haring (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark J. Romanchuk||57.2%||31,482|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 2 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Romanchuk is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Romanchuk raised a total of $264,220 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 31, 2013.
|Mark Romanchuk's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 2||$264,220|
|Grand Total Raised||$264,220|
2012Romanchuk won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Romanchuk raised a total of $264,220.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Romanchuk's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$70,907|
|Ohio Republican Party||$46,634|
|Romanchuk, Mr. Mark||$20,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$264,220|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Romanchuk + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- WMFD.com, "Business Owner Running For House of Representatives," January 10, 2012
- markromanchuk.com, "Mark's Plan," accessed August 21, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Romanchuk, Mark," accessed May 31, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |