|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11|
|2011 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||December 17, 1955|
|Place of birth||Sioux Falls, South Dakota|
Willadsen served in the House from 2004 to 2008.
Willadsen attended the University of South Dakota. His professional experience includes working as a service writer for Billion Chrysler Plymouth Datsun and an insurance agent for New York Life, Farmers Insurance Group and his own agency.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Willadsen served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Energy Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives, Chair
Willadsen ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 11. Willadsen and Chris Karr were defeated by Christine M. Erickson and Jim Stalzer in the Republican primary on June 5. Jim Larson and Darrell D. Solberg ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Lora Hubbel (R) is running for State Senate in District 11.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Christine M. Erickson||31.2%||529|
|Mark K Willadesen Incumbent||21.4%||362|
Willadsen defeated incumbent Darrell Solberg (D) and Jim Larson (D) in the November 2 general election. Willadsen was elected along with fellow Republican challenger Lora Hubbel. Willadsen defeated Chris Karr in the June 8 Republican primary, garnering 1,093 votes. Karr received 670 votes.
|South Dakota State House, District 11 (2010)|
|Lora Hubbel (R)||5,673||29.73%|
|Mark Willadsen (R)||5,548||29.08%|
|Jim Larson (D)||3,461||18.14%|
|Darrell Solberg (D)||4,397||23.05%|
In 2010, Willadsen raised $12,066 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|South Dakota Insurance Alliance PAC||$1,000|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$1,000|
Willadsen and his wife, Suzanne.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Willadsen + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart: Representative Mark K. Willadsen (SD)
Todd Schlekeway (R), Darrell Solberg (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
Christine M. Erickson (R), Jim Stalzer (R)