Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives District 72|
Mark E. Lioen was the Republican candidate for District 72 of the Illinois House of Representatives.
Lioen is currently a teacher in the Rock Island, IL School System.
Previously, Lioen was born and raised in the Quad Cities.
Lioen is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross College in Worcester, MA. He then moved to Britain to study at the London School of Economics and political science, receiving his Master's of Economics. He later performed postgraduate work with local political polling firm in London.
Lioen is a fiscal and social conservative who is running on a platform of job creation, lower taxes, and reducing spending.
Lioen ran in the 2010 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 72. Lioen was defeated by Democrat Patrick J. Verschoore in the general election on November 2, 2010. Lioen was unopposed in the Republican primary election on February 2.
Debate with Pat Verschoore
On, July 6th, Lioen wrote a letter addressed to Pat Verschoore asking for a debate at a future date at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL.
- Project Vote Smart, 2010 Illinois State Legislative General Election Candidates, accessed November 27, 2013
- Quad-City Times, "About Mark E. Lioen," October 8, 2010
- Mark Lioen's positions on issues
- Illinois State Board of Elections, General Election of November 2, 2010, accessed November 27, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections, Official Vote-Primary Election, accessed November 27, 2013
- QCOnline, "Say yes to state House debate," July 13, 2010
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |