|U.S. House, Texas, District 14|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University, 1977|
|J.D.||University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2007|
|Place of birth||Richland, WA|
Mansius earned his bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from Brigham Young University in 1977. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth in 2007. Mansius has worked as a chemical engineer, patent agent, and technical/operations manager.
Mansius' website listed the following issues:
- Our Constitution - A Limited Government
- Excerpt: "I support and will vigorously defend a view of the Constitution as purposed by the Founding Fathers. I will support the nomination of judges, through influence, that will support the Constitution, and its intent, as written, instead of relying on past case law when making decisions on what is right and wrong."
- The Economy, National Debt, Free Trade and Energy
- Excerpt: "I am fiscally conservative and believe in the free-market and the power of entrepreneurship. It is not the government that creates jobs or wealth. No nation has ever spent its way to prosperity or taxed its way to wealth and full employment. Just the opposite."
- Foreign Policy and Defense
- Excerpt: "Our foreign policy should be based on the foundation of George Washington’s policy of “friends with all, alliance with none.” That would in time include withdrawal from the United Nations and financial support for it."
- A Nation "Truly" under God
- Excerpt: "At the Battle of Fort Duquesne in June of 1755, where two-thirds of the British Army were either killed or wounded including their general, General Braddock, George Washington, a Colonial Officer, would receive four bullets into his clothes, have two horses shot out from under him, but he would remain untouched."
- Tenth Amendment Issues
- Excerpt: "Life is a sacred gift. The Declaration of Independence declares that God gave us inalienable right that among those are Life. Abortion is a state issue and needs to be determined in each state just how and when life exists, and how the state will protect it."
As of May 9, 2012, Mansius raised $13,533 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $13,242, leaving him with $272 cash on hand. Of that, 85 percent came from candidate self-financing, while 15 percent came from individual contributions.
Mansius and his wife, Lois, have five children.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |