|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 53|
|November 18, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
McBride's professional experience includes being the owner of McBride Construction and Roofing.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McBride served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Aerospace|
|• Utility and Environmental Regulation, Vice-chair|
McBride's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt: "Mark believes life is a gift of God and is determined to stand up for the rights of our most defenseless citizens, the unborn."
- Excerpt: "Mark believes the right to use guns for sport or protection is part of our Constitution and our heritage. Mark will fight to preserve our right to protect our families and loved ones."
- Excerpt: "Mark believes parents know best when it comes to deciding where their children go to school, whether that be public, private or at home, and that government should not be in the business of choosing our children’s schools."
- Excerpt: "Mark believes the United States should have strictly enforced immigration policies. The U.S. Supreme Court is currently reviewing Arizona’s immigration law and once they issue their ruling, Mark believes Oklahoma will have a clearer picture of the role the legislature can play in strengthening state laws to deal with this national crisis."
- Excerpt: "Mark believes it is simply wrong of government to automatically increases taxes on homes when we know that home ownership help families stay together. Mark supports limits on property tax increases, particularly for those who are retired and on a fixed income, so that people can plan for expenses and have a better opportunity to own a home."
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent Mark McBride defeated Danni Legg in the Republican primary. McBride is unchallenged in the general election.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 53 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Mark McBride Incumbent||81.9%||2,097|
McBride ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 53. McBride and Paula Sullivan advanced to the August 28 primary runoff. McBride defeated Paula Sullivan in the Republican primary runoff election on August 28, 2012. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 53 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mark McBride (advanced to runoff)||49.2%||956|
|Paula Sullivan (advanced to runoff)||38.6%||751|
Comprehensive donor information for Mark McBride is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mark McBride raised a total of $141,233 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|Mark McBride's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 53||$141,233|
|Grand Total Raised||$141,233|
2012Mark McBride won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mark McBride raised a total of $141,233.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark McBride's campaign in 2012|
|Oklahoma City Business Council||$5,000|
|Oklahoma Public Employees Association||$5,000|
|Four Par Properties LLC||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$141,233|
|Source:Follow the Money|
McBride and his wife, Alana, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + McBride + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Mark McBride on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Mark McBride," accessed June 4, 2014
- Mark McBride for House, "Mark on the Issues," accessed June 4, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "McBride, Mark," accessed July 23, 2013
Randy Terrill (R)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |