Mark Miller (Texas)
|Texas Railroad Commission|
|Bachelor's||Harvey Mudd College|
Miller, born in Texas, graduated from Harvey Mudd College in 1972 with a B.S. in engineering and began his career in the oil and gas industry as a petroleum engineer with Getty Oil Company in California. He worked at Getty until 1979. After receiving his Ph.D. from Stanford University, in 1983, Miller began work as an associate professor with the University of Texas at Austin. He stayed in this role until 2001 when he became a consultant. In 2002, Miller left his consulting position to work as an engineer with Object Reservoir until 2006. He then returned to consulting until 2011, when he became the chief technology officer at Object Reservoir. In 2012, he left Object Reservoir to found Promethean Technologies Group, LLC. He serves as the chief executive officer and the chief technology officer for the company.
Miller is running for election to the office of Texas Railroad Commission. Miller won the Libertarian nomination in the convention on April 11. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
The following statements were listed on Miller's campaign website:
- Fracking: "I promise to ensure that regulations designed to protect groundwater quality will be appropriately administered by the Railroad Commission. If contamination should occur due to negligent oil and gas operations, I also promise to use whatever powers the Railroad Commission has to hold those operators accountable. At this point in time, however, there is no reason that this important technology should not be applied to producing energy for Texas and the rest of the Nation."
- Proposition 6: "Though it is clear that Texas needs to do more to ensure adequate water supplies to our fast-growing state, I do not believe that Proposition 6 is the solution. I voted No on Proposition 6."
- Note: The above excerpts are from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Miller + Texas + Railroad"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Independent Political Report, "Texas, Wisconsin Libertarian Conventions This Weekend," 4/11/2014
- Mark Miller for Texas Railroad Commissioner: "Meet Mark Miller," accessed November 4, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on November 3, 2013
- Texas Tribune, "Libertarian Kathie Glass Announces Bid for Governor," October 2, 2013
- Mark Miller for Texas Railroad Commissioner: "My Blog," accessed November 4, 2013
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |