|New Mexico State Senate District 21|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of New Mexico|
|Master's||UNM Anderson School of Management, M.B.A|
|Profession||Executive Director, New Mexico Dental Association|
Moores earned a B.A. in Political Science from the University of New Mexico and an M.B.A. from the University of New Mexico, Anderson School of Management.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Moores served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Corporations and Transportation|
Moores opposes granting drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, supports voter I.D. laws and opposes any new taxes. He has received an "A" rating from the NRA.
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Moores ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 21. He ran and won against Nancy Cooper and Robert M. Doughty III in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Moores defeated incumbent Lisa K. Curtis (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 21, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Lisa Curtis Incumbent||43.4%||10,768|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 21 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Robert M. Doughty III||29.3%||1,186|
Comprehensive donor information for Moores is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Moores raised a total of $117,800 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 20, 2013.
|Mark Moores's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 21||$117,800|
|Grand Total Raised||$117,800|
2012Moores won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Moores raised a total of $117,800.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Mores's campaign in 2012|
|New Mexico Dental Association||$4,000|
|New Mexico Medical Society||$3,000|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$117,800|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Moores and his wife LeeAnn have one daughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Moores + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the New Mexico State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Moores
- Markmoores.com "Where Mark Stands," Accessed September 10, 2012
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," accessed March 23, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Moores, Mark," Accessed May 20, 2013
- Markmoores.com "Biography," Accessed September 10, 2012
Lisa K. Curtis (D)
|New Mexico State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|