|Idaho House of Representatives District 15B|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Patterson served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
|• Transportation and Defense|
Patterson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- THE AMERICAN DREAM
- Excerpt: "Patterson has always wanted to have the American dream that he remembered from the 50's. A family, a home and being able to support and protect one's family: this is the American dream. But Mark sees the American dream becoming harder and harder for people to gain because government has grown so large and the citizens are becoming servants to the government."
- BUSINESS AND TAX POLICY
- Excerpt: "It is difficult to keep a business going in Idaho with the numerous taxes Idaho puts on private businesses. This is not the America that we grew up in."
- RETURN SURPLUSES
- Excerpt: "In 2012 the state government is growing; a so-called surplus was spent to again fatten government budgets. Why haven't they given surpluses back to the citizens? Some euphemistically called this a sign of recovery. But, since 2008, a quarter of the Idaho budget was cut with no noticeable reduction in services."
- NEW TAX HIKES
- Excerpt: "Tax hikes have been put on the back burner until after the election. We need proven conservatives to hold back the government bureaucrats that are always promoting higher budgets. There are a few excellent men and woman in elected government in our State but not the number we need to get our State back on track so families and businesses can prosper."
- JOBS JOBS JOBS and OUR POSTERITY
- Excerpt: "Idaho needs jobs. Businesses refuse to relocate to Idaho, because there are 38 states with lower income tax. One of Mark's personal fears is that someday his daughters will get married. 'I am naturally protective. But, even worse, my son-in-laws may not find jobs in Idaho. They may have to find work elsewhere, taking my daughters with them. I'm not the only father who fears for the future of his children.'"
Patterson won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 15B. He defeated Curtis Ellis in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Steve Berch (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15B, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 15B Republican Primary, 2012|
Patterson was a Republican candidate for District 15B in the Idaho House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010 state legislative elections. Patterson was defeated by incumbent Max Black in the Republican primary on May 25, 2010.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Patterson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho rep complains lobbying helped kill gun bill - Idaho State Journal
- Fifty outstanding Rotary Club achievements - Kootenay News Advertiser
- News Briefs - Idaho Mountain Express and Guide
- Theater, Dance and Visual Arts Listings for May 9 - Daily Herald
- Theater, Dance and Visual Arts Listings for April 25 - Daily Herald
- Tense Calif. town hunts for killer of 8-year-old - Idaho Press-Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Mark Patterson, "Issues," accessed October 15, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
Max Black (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 15B
| Succeeded by|