Mark R. Treaster
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas State Senate District 34|
|Bachelor's||Emporia State University|
|Master's||Emporia State University|
Mark currently owns and operates Rainbow International, a carpet cleaning and restoration business. He attended Emporia State University, receiving a Master's degree in Special Education and a Bachelor's degree in Secondary Education.
Treaster's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will work to lower the state tax burden in a way that is fiscally fair and responsible."
- Excerpt: "Our children deserve to go to good, safe schools. The current cuts to education go too far. The legislature must work to restore school funding."
- Excerpt: "I will work to enact measures that encourage investment in small businesses, keep Kansas jobs from being exported, help unemployed workers find permanent employment, and strengthen job training programs."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Treaster ran in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 34. Treaster ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and was defeated by Terry Bruce (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Terry Bruce Incumbent||59.9%||16,007|
|Democratic||Mark R. Treaster||40.1%||10,711|
Treaster and his wife Mary have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Treaster + Kansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Mark R. Treaster on Facebook