|Iowa State Senate District 6|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Segebart's professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Segebart served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Human Resources|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Segebart ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 6. He defeated Adam Schweers and Matthew Biede in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Segebart defeated Mary C. Bruner (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Iowa State Senate, District 6 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Segebart is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Segebart raised a total of $108,353 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Mark Segebart's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State Senate, District 6||$108,353|
|Grand Total Raised||$108,353|
2012Segebart won election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Segebart raised a total of $108,353.
|Iowa State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Segebart's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$35,774|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$18,000|
|Sac County Republican Central Cmte||$2,400|
|Master Builders of Iowa||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$108,353|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Segebart + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the Iowa State Senate
- Facebook campaign page
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Mark Segebart on Facebook, "About," accessed April 8, 2014
- 1380 KCIM, "Mark Segebart wins Republican nomination for Iowa Senate 6 District," June 5, 2012 (dead link)
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Segebart, Mark," accessed September 19, 2013
Merlin Bartz (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|