|Kansas Corporation Commission|
|May 2011 – January 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||May 5, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Sam Brownback (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
|Master's||University of California, Davis|
|J.D.||University of California, Davis|
Sievers resigned in December 2013 and stepped down in January 2014 upon the confirmation of his appointed successor, Jay Emler, by the Kansas Senate. Elmer was appointed by Brownback to serve out the remainder of Sievers' unexpired term.
Sievers, an economist and lawyer, is the former chairman of the Teller County Republicans. He has previously worked for Verizon Global Solutions, GTE, Sprint and Southwestern Bell, and had a private law practice in Washington D.C..
- BA, Economics, University of Colorado
- MA and ABD, Economics, University of California, Davis
- JD, University of California, Davis
Kansas Corporation Commission (2011-2014)
Sievers was appointed to the commission by Gov. Sam Brownback in May 2011 for a term ending in March 2015. On December 9, 2013, on the heels of a well-publicized year of challenges leading the agency, Sievers announced his resignation, citing the desire to spend more time with his wife and family.
Sievers' wife, Jill, is a lawyer and Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity in Teller County, Colorado.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Sievers + Kansas "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Corporation Commission, "Mark Sievers," accessed August 16, 2012
- McPherson Sentinel, "Emler resigns his Senate seat," January 17, 2014
- The Witchita Eagle via Kansas.com, "Mark Sievers, Kansas Corporation Commission Chairman, resigns," December 10, 2013
- The Topedka Capital-Journal, "Sievers steps down as KCC chairman," December 9, 2013
- The Great Bend Tribune, "Governor Brownback appoints Elmer to Kansas Corporation Commission, "January 8, 2014
- The Wichita Eagle, "Governor appoints GOP Sen. Jay Emler to KCC," January 8, 2014
- Teller County News, "Sievers appointed to Kansas Corporate Commission," May 25, 2011
- Kansas Corporation Commission, "Governor's Office Swears in New KCC Commissioner Sievers," May 17, 2011
|Kansas Corporation Commission
| Succeeded by|