is a Democratic
member of the Indiana State Senate
, representing District 40
. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stoops served on the following committees:
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2012
Stoops won election in the 2012 election for Indiana State Senate District 40. Incumbent Vi Simpson (D) ran unopposed in the May 8 Democratic primary but was selected as the official Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor, forcing her to withdraw from the race. Stoops was named as the replacement candidate at a caucus on June 28 and defeated Reid Dallas (R) In the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana State Senate, District 40, General Election, 2012
|| Reid Dallas
Comprehensive donor information for Stoops is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Stoops raised a total of $26,398 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 9, 2013.
Stoops won election to the Indiana State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Stoops raised a total of $26,398
|Indiana State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mark Stoops's campaign in 2012|
|Indiana Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Laborers Local 741||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$26,398|
|Source:Follow the Money
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Stoops + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mark Stoops News Feed
- ↑ WIBC, "Picks for Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State Mean Ballot Shuffle," June 20, 2012
- ↑ Greenfield Reporter, "County official wins bid for Ind. Senate seat Democratic lieutenant governor nominee giving up," June 29, 2012
- ↑ Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- ↑ Indiana Secretary of State, " Official 2012 General Election Results," accessed January 19, 2013
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Stoops, Mark," accessed September 9, 2013
| Political offices
Vi Simpson (D)
|Indiana State Senate District 40
| Succeeded by|