|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 13|
|January 7, 2015 - Present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Manchester High School (1974)|
|Bachelor's||New York University (1995)|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Tweedie served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives consisted of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent Joe Diminico was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Walt Bochnik was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bochnik withdrew from the race in late August and was replaced by Mark Tweedie (R). Tweedie defeated Diminico in the general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 13, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Joe Diminico Incumbent||47.5%||3,876|
Tweedie ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 13. Tweedie ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He was defeated by Joe Diminico (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 13, General Election, 2012|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Tweedie + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut General Assembly
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- Connecticut House Committees
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- Profile from the Connecticut House of Representatives
- Mark Tweedie on Facebook
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Journal Inquirer, "Tweedie to run in rematch with Diminico," September 9, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official primary and general election results," accessed November 26, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Candidate list," accessed June 19, 2012
- CBS Connecticut, "2012 Primary Results," August 14, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 21, 2012
Joe Diminico (D)
|Connecticut House of Representatives 13
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |