|New Jersey General Assembly District 36|
|2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||Fairleigh Dickenson University|
|Master's||California Western School of Law|
|Date of birth||8/14/1963|
Caride earned her B.A. in Education from Fairleigh Dickinson University and her J.D. from California Western School of Law. Her professional experience includes working as an attorney at Gonzalez & Caride.
At the beginning of the 2014 legislative session, Caride served on the following committees:
|New Jersey Committee Assignments, 2014|
|• Commerce and Economic Development, Vice-Chair|
|• Financial Institutions and Insurance|
|• Transportation and Independent Authorities|
|• New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation|
Caride's official campaign website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Property Tax Relief for Middle-Class Families
- Supporting our Schools and Students
- Getting New Jersey Back to Work
- Shared Sacrifice and Economic Fairness
Caride won re-election in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 36. Caride was bracketed with Gary Schaer and defeated Aharon Cohn and Sam Krause in the June 4 Democratic primary. She and incumbent Gary Schaer (D) defeated Rosina Romano (R) and Foster Lowe (R) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey General Assembly, District 36, Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Gary Schaer Incumbent||47%||3,318|
|Marlene Caride Incumbent||44.4%||3,133|
On November 8, 2011, Marlene Caride won election to District 36 of the New Jersey General Assembly. She and Gary Schaer ran unopposed in the June 7 Democratic primary. They then defeated John Genovesi and Sara Rosengarten in the November 8 general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Caride is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Caride raised a total of $163,521 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 27, 2013.
|Marlene Caride's Campaign Contribution History|
|2011||New Jersey General Assembly, District 36||$163,521|
|Grand Total Raised||$163,521|
2011Caride won election to the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Caride raised a total of $163,521.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marlene Caride's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Regional Council of Carpenters||$16,400|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$8,200|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$5,000|
|Buffs Car Wash & Detailing Center Inc||$2,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$163,521|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 216th New Jersey State Legislature will be in session from January 14 through January 1, 2016.
In 2012, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 9, 2013. In 2013, the 215th New Jersey State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 10 to January 13, 2014.
- New Jersey Environmental Federation: Legislative Scorecard 2010-2013
- Legislators are scored on environment and conservation issues.
- Americans for Prosperity: Taxpayer Scorecard, 215th Legislative Session
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key fiscal legislation affecting the state's economy.
- New Jersey League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Environmental Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes concerning the protection of the environment.
- New Jersey Taxpayers Alliance: 2013 Taxpayer Legislative Scorecards
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- The New Jersey AFL-CIO
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marlene + Caride + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly
- General Assembly Committees
- New Jersey State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- New Jersey state legislative districts
- District 36 Democrats, Campaign site
- Profile from the New Jersey General Assembly
- NJ Assembly Dems - Marlene Caride
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- "NJ Assembly Dems - Marlene Caride," accessed May 16, 2013
- "Marlene Caride Official Campaign website," accessed May 16, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Caride, Marlene" accessed August 27, 2013
- PolitickerNJ.com, "AFL-CIO endorses candidates for elections," accessed September 4, 2013
- Planned Parenthood NJ "Planned Parenthood Action Fund of New Jersey Announces Endorsements in State Elections," accessed September 5, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |