Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, California|
|Party||Peace and Freedom Party|
|Master's||California State University, East Bay, 1979|
|Birthday||May 21, 1949|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Feinland's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Take A Stand Against Corporate Domination
- Excerpt: "It's no surprise that Congress voted to bail out the banks while working class people are losing their homes and their jobs. The corporations win and the people lose on every issue."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "We need a stimulus bill which puts people to work building housing, fixing schools and hospitals, and creating, expanding, and improving public transportation systems. We need to clean up toxic sites, restore habitats, and install rooftop solar energy systems. We can fund this by taxing rich people and corporate profits. "
- Housing for People, not for Profit
- Excerpt: "Stop evictions and foreclosures. Under our market driven system, housing is built by real estate developers to be sold for a profit. Because everyone needs a place to live, demand is high and the price of housing goes up faster than wages and the average rate of inflation."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "We need a system which covers all of us. Socialized medicine, like the British system, or single payer, as in Canada or variations in France, Australia, and Germany provide effective health care for everyone in those countries. The cost is lower and outcomes better than the insurance and pharmaceutical company controlled situation here."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marsha + Feinland + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found