Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Georgia State Senate District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 8, 2013|
Berman ran in a special election for Georgia State Senate District 11. The seat was vacant following John Bulloch's (R) resignation on December 6, 2012. While he did not initially provide a reason, Bulloch had been hospitalized with meningitis the previous October. Bulloch was re-elected on November 6, 2012 unopposed. Berman lost against Brad Hughes (R), Dean Burke (R), Mike Keown (R), Eugene McNease (R) and Jeffrey G. Bivins (L) in the special election on January 8, 2013.
- Georgia Secretary of State, "List of Candidates on the January 08, 2013 Special Election Ballot," accessed December 14, 2012
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Senator from southwest Georgia to step down," December 6, 2012
- Albany Herald, "Two officially qualify for special election to fill Bulloch's seat," December 10, 2012
- Moultrie Observer, "Burke, Keown in Senate runoff," January 8, 2013
- results.enr.clarityelections.com, "Official special election results," accessed November 15, 2013