For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Utah Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|January 1, 2013 - November 7, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||October 8, 2012|
|Appointed by||Utah State Board of Education|
|Associate's||Snow College (1975)|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University (1976)|
|Master's||University of Utah (1979)|
|Ph.D.||Utah State University (1996)|
Menlove began his education career as a classroom teacher/team leader at Jordan School District from 1976 to 1979, going on to be a guidance specialist/school counselor in the district from 1979 to 1982. He then served as a director of elementary education for the Tooele County School District from 1986 to 1987 and became superintendent of schools of the Rich County School District from 1987 to 1989. From 1990 to 1997, Menlove served as a co-director at Utah Assistave Technolgoy Program, Brigham City.
He has served as a principal in Tooele County School District on three occasions: Oquirrh Hills School (1985 to 1987), Dugway High School (1984 to 1985) and Stansbury Park Elementary (1982 to 1984).
- AS, Snow College, 1975
- Bachelor's degree, Utah State University, 1976
- Master's degree, University of Utah, 1979
- Doctorate degree, Utah State University, 1996
Utah Superintendent of Public Instruction (2013-2014)
Menlove was appointed Utah Superintendent of Public Instruction by the Utah State Board of Education on October 8, 2012, effective January 1, 2013.
Board Chair Debra Roberts stated, “This has been a robust process and our finalists were all excellent candidates. But, Martell Menlove with his depth of experience, absolute integrity and gift for bringing people together to move forward in positive ways, is the best person for this moment in time.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Martell + Menlove + Utah + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Utah Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Utah school districts
- Utah Department of Education
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Martell Menlove picked as state schools superintendent," October 9, 2012
- KUER, "School Board Hires Search Firm to Find New State Superintendent," July 15, 2014
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek, "Executive Profile - Martell Menlove," accessed March 8, 2013
- Utah Public Education, "Martell Menlove Named Utah’s New State Superintendent," October 8, 2012
|Utah Superintendent of Public Instruction
| Succeeded by|
Brad C. Smith