|U.S. House, Arizona, District 2|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
representing the 2nd Congressional District
. She also ran for election to the U.S. House
representing the 8th Congressional District
in the special election
primary on April 17, 2012.
McSally's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Constructive Role of Federal Government
- Excerpt: "Year after year, the federal government has increased its reach into people’s lives, constraining our civil liberties and wasting the hard earned money of Americans. The Constitution is clear. Those powers not specifically given to the federal government belong to the states and the people."
- Real Jobs & Economic Opportunities
- Excerpt: "We have to reduce federal regulations, cut taxes, and stop Washington from choosing economic winners and losers based on who has the best lobbyists. We need to make the United States the most attractive place in the world to do business."
- Forward Thinking National Security
- Excerpt: "We face powerful and determined threats across the globe. I have spent my life defending America from these threats, and I’m not about to stop now. We have to be discerning of their intent and capabilities; we must be decisive about the course we take."
- Reduce Government Spending & Debt
- Excerpt: "A rising mountain of debt is hanging over each and every one of us. If we don’t rein in spending now and reduce our deficit, we risk the retirements of so many senior citizens who have worked and saved their entire lives, and the future of every generation to come. We have to get more bang for our tax buck. The wasteful, spending programs of recent years cannot continue."
- Excerpt: "I believe in the sanctity of every human life."
- See also: Arizona's 2nd congressional district elections, 2012
McSally ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 2nd District. She defeated Mark Koskiniemi in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She lost to incumbent Ron Barber (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012 in a race that was too close to call for one week after the election took place.
- See also: Arizona's 8th congressional district special election, 2012
McSally ran in the 2012 special election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 8th District. She lost to Jesse Kelly in the April 17 Republican primary. 
Breakdown of the source of McSally's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
McSally did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, McSally's campaign committee raised a total of $1,458,136 and spent $1,438,090.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 2, 2012 - Martha McSally Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Martha McSally's campaign committee|
|RL Workman Homes||$15,000
|Senate Majority Fund||$15,000|
|Value in Electing Women PAC||$12,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|