For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan Senate District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
January 1, 2011
Scott had a large amount of legislative experience leading up to the Michigan Senate. Scott first served on the Wayne County Board of Commissioners from 1977 to 1979. In 1984, Scott was elected to the Highland Park City Council and also served as President on the Council until 1987. Later that year, Scott was elected Mayor of the Detroit suburb of Highland Park. Scott served as the Mayor until 1994 before she was elected that year to the Michigan House of Representatives. Scott served in the Michigan House until she ran for the Michigan Senate 2000 and won. Scott currently is the Assistant Minority Whip for the Democrats.
Scott graduated with her Associate's degree from Highland Park Junior College in 1954 and was employed by Michigan Bell now AT&T Michigan from 1960 to 1986.
Scott served on these committees:
Scott represented Michigan Senate District 2. District 2 includes the Inner City Detroit neighborhoods and the suburbs of Hamafrack and Highland Park.
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2010
Scott is one of 12 Democratic state senators who were ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 because of Michigan's term limits.
Scott raised $123,085 for her campaign.
|Michigan State Senate, District 2|
|Martha Scott (D)||47,223|
|Michael Hoehn (R)||17,105|
In 2006 Martha Scott collected $123,085 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Genesee Victory Fund||$6,000|
|Michigan Women's Campaign Fund||$6,000|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||$6,000|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,420|
Scott is divorced with two children and resides in Highland Park, Michigan.
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Voting record from Michigan Votes
- Senator Scott's facebook
- Senator Scott's US Congress campaign website
- Michigan Senate Democrats facebook
- List of 2010 state legislative candidates in Michigan
- "Michigan Senate" List of Standing Committees
- "Michigan Senate" Map of Senate Districts
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Election Results - General Election - November 07, 2006," accessed May 30, 2014
- Follow the Money's report on Scott's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Martha Scott
|Michigan State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|