|California State Assembly District 74|
|Assembly Minority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Bachelor's||California Western University|
- 1 Issues
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Recent news
- 6 Controversies
- 7 Personal
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Garrick is the founder of Admiral Industries Incorporated, Owner/Manager of the Admiral Property Company, and worked as Deputy Senate-House Liaison during the Reagan Administration.
Garrick is a member of the Adam Smith Institute, San Diego County Republican Party Central Committee, San Diego Lincoln Club Board, and First Vice Chair of the San Diego Republican Party.
Political Courage test
Garrick did not provide answers to the California State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Capitol Weekly, California's major weekly periodical covering the state legislature, publishes an annual legislative scorecard to pin down the political or ideological leanings of every member of the legislature based on how they voted on an assortment of bills in the most recent legislative session. The 2009 scores were based on votes on 19 bills, but did not include how legislators voted on the Proposition 1A (2009). On the scorecard, "100" is a perfect liberal score and "0" is a perfect conservative score.
On the 2009 Capitol Weekly legislative scorecard, Garrick ranked as a 20.
Garrick's sponsored legislation includes:
- AB 284 - Charter schools: petitions
- AB 326 - Income tax: health savings accounts
- AB 491 - Vandalism: political signs
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Garrick served on these committees:
- Accountability and Administrative Review Committee, California General Assembly, Vice Chair
- Governmental Organization Committee, California General Assembly
- Health Committee, California General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Garrick served on these committees:
- Assembly Legislative Ethics
- Education Committee, California General Assembly
- Insurance Committee, California General Assembly (Vice Chair)
- Audit Committee, California Legislature
- Transportation Committee, California General Assembly
Garrick was ineligible to run for re-election due to term limits.
|California State Assembly, District 74 General Election (2010)|
|Martin Garrick (R)||81,661|
|Crystal Crawford (D)||56,033|
|Paul King (L)||9,453|
In 2008 Garrick was re-elected to the California State Assembly District 74. Garrick (R) finished with 90,383 votes and was followed by Brett Maxfield (D) with 72,126 votes and Paul King (L) with 16,166 votes.
|California State Assembly District 74|
|Martin Garrick (R)||90,383|
|Brett Maxfield (D)||72,126|
|Paul King (L)||16,166|
In 2010, Garrick raised $1,146,762 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|California Association Of Realtors||$15,600|
|California Dental Association||$15,600|
|Farmers Insurance Group||$12,700|
Below are Garrick's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Farmers Insurance Group||$7,600|
|Jacques S Yeager||$7,200|
|Pechanga Band of Luiseno Mission Indians||$7,200|
|Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians||$6,850|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Martin + Garrick + California + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Fined over gift disclosure
In February 2010 Garrick agreed to pay a fine of $600 for failing to disclose gifts from interest groups. Thirty other California lawmakers agreed to pay fines as well.
In July 2011, Garrick pleaded no contest to drunk driving.
Garrick is married to Jane. They have four children.
- Martin Garrick's personal website
- Official website of Marty Garrick
- Legislative profile of Martin Garrick on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Martin Garrick on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Garrick
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Garrick Issue Positions
- Capitol Weekly, "Capitol Weekly's Legislative Scorecard," December 17, 2009
- Fox and Hounds Daily, "Random Thoughts on the Political Scene," December 18, 2009
- Capitol Weekly, "2009 Capitol Weekly State Legislative Scorecard (Archived)," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed March 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed March 13, 2014
- Sacramento Bee, "California lawmakers agree to pay fines over gift disclosure," February 2, 2010 (dead link)
- Claycord, "MUGSHOT: California Assemblyman Arrested in Concord on Tuesday Morning," March 29, 2012
Mark Wyland (R)
|California State Assembly District 74
| Succeeded by|
Allan R. Mansoor (R)