Martin J. Lindeke
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alaska State Senate District 6 (F)|
Lindeke earned his BA from the University of Colorado. He has served in the United States Navy and has also worked as a certified building inspector.
Lindeke's website lists the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I am committed to fiscal responsibility. That means living within our means just like any Alaskan family manages their budget."
- Excerpt: "Alaska residents pay the highest energy prices in the nation. As the largest producer of oil in the United States, I believe we can do better. "
- Excerpt: "Hiring, training and retaining excellent teachers is vital to the health of our schools. This is why I support a return to defined benefits for teachers to give our teachers the respect they deserve and to support schools attract and retain exceptional educators."
- Hunting and Fishing
- Excerpt: "...I believe fishing and hunting rights should be protected."
- Protecting the Dividend
- Excerpt: "When elected, I will fight to keep our Permanent Dividend Fund in the hands of Alaskans by constitutionally protecting it from politicians who are already spending too much."
- Supporting Our Troops
- Excerpt: "I know how important it is that military families are supported by the State Legislature, and I will do my best to make sure the needs of those serving and their families are met at a State level."
- Excerpt: "We need better work force training to help young people transition and become leaders in our communities."
- See also: Alaska State Senate elections, 2012
Lindeke ran in the 2012 election for Alaska State Senate District 6 (F). He ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Fred Dyson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Alaska State Senate, District 6 (F), General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Fred Dyson Incumbent||75.5%||9,954|
Lindeke was unopposed in the August 24 primary. He was defeated by Republican Dan Saddler in the November 2 general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 18 General Election (2010)|
|Dan Saddler (R)||1,944|
|Martin J. Lindeke (D)||707|
Lindeke and his wife, Mary, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Martin + Lindeke + Alaska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found