Martin J. Moylan
|Martin J. Moylan|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor, City of Des Plaines|
|High school||Saint Philips High School|
Moylan is a former electrical inspector/deputy director of the Des Plaines Building Department. He has served as Mayor of the City of Des Plaines since 2009. He is also an electrician.
Moylan's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes Springfield should not overspend and leaders should balance budgets in the same way our hard working families do at home."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes our children must have the best education available to them in order for Illinois to be competitive in the world economy."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan has spent a lifetime fighting for jobs and developing pro-growth environments which help businesses succeed."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes we must protect the quality of services for our seniors and our children."
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan will fight for strong laws which protect the citizens of Illinois. As a leader, Moylan believes that protecting the public is of the highest priority and those who break the law should be punished accordingly."
- Ethics Reform
- Excerpt: "Marty Moylan believes the political games in Springfield, which favor special interests, have been the motivating factors which have placed the State in economic peril."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Moylan served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Cities & Villages|
|• Economic Development|
|• Transportation: Regulation, Roads & Bridges|
|• Transportation: Vehicles & Safety|
Moylan won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 55. Moylan was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Susan Sweeney (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 55, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Martin J. Moylan Incumbent||53.3%||21,321|
Moylan and his wife, Lisa, have one child.
Harry R. Ramey, Jr. (R)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |