|Washington State Senate, District 33|
Metz's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Reduce the burden of Government on local business and communities
- Excerpt:"I support the requirement for a 2/3 supermajority helps the Legislature focus on only the most important expenditures"
Help families succeed during difficult times
- Excerpt:"We need to strengthen the support to families. Not all things need to cost money, but it means trying to link people and community resources, neighborhoods pitching in, support networks from Churches, and other institutions before resorting to the Government safety net."
Ensure accountability in children's education along with parental encourage to strengthen schools for the 21st Century.
- Excerpt:"The State Constitution names education as a top priority and the focus of efforts should be on K-12."
Respect property rights
- Excerpt:"I believe that property rights in Washington are under constant challenge from our government regulations at both the state and Federal levels."
Support Veterans and currently serving members and ensure the necessary resources are available for them and their families.
- Excerpt:"Veterans have a lot of value to bring to society and can provide a great benefit when we’ve re-integrated them back into our businesses and communities."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Washington State Senate will consist of a blanket primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Karen Keiser (D) will face Marylin Taylor (D) and Martin Metz (R) in the primary.
Metz ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 33b. Metz was defeated by incumbent Dave Upthegrove (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 33b, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dave Upthegrove Incumbent||69.6%||31,700|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Martin + Metz + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |