|U.S. House, Washington, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 5, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
is a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 6th Congressional District
He was a 2010 Republican candidate for District 26, Washington State Senate in 2010.
McClendon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We need to get our economy moving again. In the Senate, I will advocate for policies that create and retain jobs."
- Excerpt: "My opponent has voted for more than $500 million in new taxes during his time in Olympia. During these difficult economic times, raising taxes is not the answer. I support lowering the tax burden on families and small businesses to get our economy moving."
- Excerpt: "I will take a different approach. As the father of three school-aged children, I will support full-funding for our public schools. Our children deserve nothing less."
- Excerpt: "I will propose the creation of an Economic Competitiveness Council to find opportunities for the private sector to complete work currently being performed by government."
- See also: Washington's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
McClendon is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Washington's 6th District. The primary election will take place August 5, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
McClendon ran for the Washington State Senate District Seat 26. He ran unopposed in the primary on August 17, 2010. He was defeated by Derek Kilmer (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
| Washington State Senate, District 26 Democratic Primary (2010)
| Derek Kilmer (D)
| Marty McClendon (R)
| Kristine Danielson
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marty + McClendon + Washington + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
McClendon+Washington+Congress&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss Marty McClendon News Feed