|Kansas House of Representatives District 4|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Read served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Federal and State Affairs|
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Lucas Cosens was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Marty Read was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Read won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 4. Read defeated Arlyn Briggs and Lynne Oharah in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Shirley Palmer (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Read is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Read raised a total of $18,030 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 7, 2013.
|Marty Read's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 4||$18,030|
|Grand Total Raised||$18,030|
2012Read won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Read raised a total of $18,030.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marty Read's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$500|
|Road Map PAC Inc||$500|
|Linn CO Central Republican Comm||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$18,030|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Marty Read received a score of 66.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marty + Read + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Marty Read
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Read, Marty," accessed June 7, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Caryn Tyson (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |