Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith
|Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith|
|Rhode Island House District 46|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Rhode Island|
Shallcross earned her B.S. from the University of Rhode Island. Her professional experience includes working for Child Care Consultants and Facilities Management, Incorporated.
While a member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, Shallcross-Smith served on the following committees:
- Constituent Services Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Labor Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
Shallcross-Smith ran unsuccessfully for re-election to the 46th District seat in 2010. Jeremiah O'Grady defeated her in the September 14 Democratic primary. O'Grady faced Republican Matthew Guerra and independents Paul Didomenico and C. Kevin McCarthy in the general election on November 2, 2010.
In 2008, Smith was elected to the Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46. Smith (D) finished with 3,381 votes while her opponent William McManus (R) finished with 3,101 votes. Smith raised $16,615 for her campaign fund.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46|
|Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith (D)||3,381|
|William McManus (R)||3,101|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith's 2008 campaign.
|Rhode Island Democratic Leadership Victory||$1,000|
Shallcross and her husband, Ronald, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Mary + Shallcross-Smith + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith on Facebook
- Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith," accessed November 25, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 primary election results," accessed November 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Rhode Island House election results, 2008," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith," accessed November 25, 2014
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 46
| Succeeded by|
Jeremiah O'Grady (D)