Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith
|Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith|
|Rhode Island House District 46|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Shallcross earned her BS from the University of Rhode Island. She currently works for Child Care Consultants and Facilities Management, Incorporated.
Shallcross joined the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2009. She has served in that position since, representing the 46th District.
While a member of the Rhode Island House of Representatives, Shallcross-Smith served on the following committees:
- Constituent Services Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Labor Committee, Rhode Island House of Representatives
Shallcross-Smith ran unsuccessfully for re-election to the 46th District Seat in 2010. Jeremiah O'Grady defeated her in the September 14 Democratic primary. O'Grady faced Republican Matthew Guerra and independents Paul Didomenico and C. Kevin McCarthy in the general election on November 2, 2010.
In 2008 Smith was elected to the Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46. Smith (D) finished with 3,381 votes while her opponent William McManus (R) finished with 3,101 votes. Smith raised $16,615 for her campaign fund.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46|
|Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith (D)||3,381|
|William McManus (R)||3,101|
Listed below are the two largest contributors to Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith's 2008 campaign.
|Rhode Island Democratic Leadership Victory||$1,000|
Shallcross and her husband, Ronald, have three children.
- Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith's personal website
- Rhode Island House of Representative - Rep. Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith on Facebook
- Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith on Twitter
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 46
| Succeeded by|
Jeremiah O'Grady (D)