was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for the Windham District
of the Vermont State Senate
Cain's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Healthcare is a Human Right
- Excerpt: "I will work hard to make sure that every Windham County Resident has access to health care. As we go forward with Single Payer Healthcare, it is important to remember that vision care and dental care are areas that are in crucial need especially, with our aging population."
- Excerpt: "There is no acceptable reason why anyone in Windham County is hungry, ever. We have more than enough food available to feed our hungry. We have the ability to feed them. We have the facilities to feed them. We have the man power to feed them."
- Excerpt: "Vermonter families need to implement a paid family leave policy. Three other states have already implemented this with great success. This would mean that for up to 6 - 8 weeks, to care for a child, adopted and foster, parent, spouse, or domestic partner with a serious health condition would be paid up to 55% of their wages or more."
- Excerpt: "Vermont could lead the nation in having paid sick days. According to studies, "40% of private sector employees cannot take paid sick days. That includes 86 % of hotel and food works and 78% of low wage workers.""
- Excerpt: "Vermont has a long history of being a forerunner in successful policy making. The size of our State allows us to be able to do things that no other state can. We can successfully implement the changes in this area by implementing a mandate that workers must be paid regardless of basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. I will work hard on keeping this in the forefront"
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Cain ran in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Windham District. She was defeated by incumbents Peter Galbraith and Jeanette White in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012.
|Vermont State Senate, Windham District Democratic Primary, 2012
Jeanette White Incumbent
|Peter Galbraith Incumbent
| Mary Cain
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Cain + Vermont + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Mary Cain News Feed