For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|California State Assembly District 79|
On her 2012 campaign site, England outlines her campaign themes:
- "I believe that our state urgently needs leaders with real world experience and the strength to make the tough decisions necessary to restore the luster of our Golden State. After much consideration, I have decided to step up and join the reform effort by entering the race for the 79th State Assembly District. My priorities will be to encourage private sector job growth, balance the state budget without raising taxes and reform of the state’s public pension system. Fixing California so that it works again for all citizens is a daunting task. But it’s a challenge that I am prepared to meet."
England ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 79. She advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Sid Voorakkara (D), Patricia Ann Washington (D), Rudy Ramirez (D), and Matt Mendoza (R). England was defeated by Shirley Weber (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 79, General Election, 2012|
England received endorsements from:
- Associated Builders and Contractors of San Diego
- The Asian American Republican Coalition
- The East County Herald
- San Diego Association of Realtors
- East San Diego County Association of Realtors
- San Diego Republican Party
- State of California Republican Party
- The New Majority
- The Young Republicans of San Diego
- The Lincoln Club of San Diego
- The Chula Vista Chamber of Commerce
- The Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + England + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.