|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 7, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Tennessee at Knoxville|
|Master's||University of Tennessee at Knoxville|
|M.D.||University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in Memphis|
Headrick earned a B.A. in mathematics and a M.S in computer science. She then earned her M.D. in 1983 from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in Memphis.
According to Headrick's website, her campaign themes included:
- Jobs: "Fair trade and sensible government incentives would change our current pattern of unemployment."
- Environment: "I believe we are all entitled to clean air to breathe, clean water to drink and in which to swim, fish and boat, and safe soil in which to grow our crops and on which to place our children’s sand boxes."
- Healthcare: "We need to change how we pay for health care and we need to understand what works and doesn’t work for good health."
Headrick is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 3rd District. Headrick is seeking the Democratic Party nomination in the primary on Auguat 7, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Headrick was defeated by incumbent Charles J. Fleischmann. Headrick ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 3rd District. Headrick defeated Bill Taylor in the August 2, 2012, Democratic primary. She faced incumbent Charles J. Fleischmann (R) and Matthew Deniston (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Charles J. Fleischmann Incumbent||61.5%||157,830|
|Source: Tennessee Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 3, 2012 - Mary Headrick Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,412,229|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,398,210|
|Top contributors to Mary Headrick's campaign committee|
|Faulkner & Assoc Architects||$2,800|
|Painters & Allied Trades Union||$2,500|
|Thomas Faulkner Architects||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$3,500|
Headrick and her husband, Detlef Matt, have two sons together.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Headrick + Tennessee + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District
- Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- Times Free-Press, "Democrat Mary Headrick joins Tennessee 3rd Congressional District race," accessed January 22, 2012
- Mary Headrick for Congress, "Meet Mary," accessed April 7, 2014
- Mary Headrick, "Priorities," accessed September 10, 2012
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Tennessee"
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results"
- Open Secrets, "Mary Headrick 2012 Election Cycle," accessed April 15, 2013
- Mary Headrick for Congress, "Meet Mary," accessed October 9, 2012