Mary Jo Daley
|Mary Jo Daley|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 148|
|December 1, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Narberth Borough Council|
|Bachelor's||The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania|
|Associate's||Gwynedd Mercy College|
|Master's||Fels Institute at the University of Pennsylvania|
|Profession||Financial and Administrative Officer, Biomedical Research Service Center (University of Pennsylvania)|
Daley earned her A.S. in Medical Secretarial Science from Gwynedd Mercy College in 1969, her B.B.A. in Management from the University of Pennsylvania in 1987 and her M.P.A. from the University of Pennsylvania in 2000. Her professional experience includes working as Associate Director for the ULAR Business Services at the University of Pennsylvania and as a financial and administrative officer for the Biomedical Research Service Center at the University of Pennsylvania.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Daley served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health, Democratic Secretary|
|• Local Government|
|• State Government|
|• Local Government Commission|
Daley's website highlighted the following issues as her priorities:
- Daley wants to "tackle important issues such as public funding for public education and affordable college tuition at our state colleges; be an effective steward of Pennsylvania's environment, including guarding our watersheds from the negative effects of fracking in the Marcellus shale areas; bring a woman's perspective to the House where it is sorely needed; support civil rights for the LGBT community and the full inclusion of people with disabilities and ensure that Pennsylvania sets up health exchanges so our citizens have the full benefit of the Affordable Care Act.
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Mary Jo Daley was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Daley is unchallenged in the general election.
Daley ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 148. Daley replaced Mike Gerber after he withdrew from the general election ballot and defeated Mike Ludwig (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 148, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mary Jo Daley||58.7%||21,414|
Comprehensive donor information for Mary Jo Daley is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Mary Jo Daley raised a total of $14,122 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Mary Jo Daley's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 148||$14,122|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,122|
2012Mary Jo Daley won election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Mary Jo Daley raised a total of $14,122.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Jo Daley's campaign in 2012|
|Friends of Mike Gerber||$3,000|
|Electrical Workers Local 98||$2,500|
|Association of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculties||$500|
|Local 0019 Sheet Metal Wrkrs Union League for Pol. Educa||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,122|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Daley and her husband, Bob, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Jo + Daley + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Daley," accessed May 9, 2014
- Maryjodaley.com, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012(Archived)
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Mainline Media News, "Daley kicks off her campaign for the state house," September 11, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Daley, Mary Jo," accessed September 18, 2013
Mike Gerber (D)
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 148
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |