|Tennessee House of Representatives District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Tennessee State University|
|Master's||Tennessee State University|
|Birthday||February 3, 1934|
|Place of birth||Brentwood, TN|
Pruitt was a Delegate for Jesse James for President in 1988.
Pruitt worked as an Educator and is now retired, and earned her B.S. and MEd from Tennessee State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pruitt served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pruitt served on these committees:
- Fiscal Review Committee, Tennessee General Assembly
- Health & Human Resources Committee, Tennessee House
- Subcommittee on Health Care Facilities
- Subcommittee on State Government, Vice Chair
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Mary Pruitt Incumbent||37.7%||1,313|
Pruitt raised $30,059 for her campaign while Leeds raised $160.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 58 (2008)|
|Mary Pruitt (D)||14,742|
|Lisa Leeds (I)||2,695|
In 2010, Pruitt received $25,189 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mary Pruitt's campaign in 2010|
|Nashville Fire Fighters Local 140||$2,500|
|Tennessee Labor Council AFL-CIO||$1,699|
|Tennessee Optometric Association||$1,400|
|Tennessee Podiatric Medical Association||$1,300|
|Haddox, Morris B||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$25,189|
Pruitt raised $30,059 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below.
|Wine and Spirits Wholesalers of Tennessee||$3,000|
|Tennessee Society of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Tennessee Optometric Association||$1,500|
|Tennessee Health Care Association||$1,500|
|Tennessee Medical Association||$1,500|
Pruitt is widowed and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Pruitt + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Tennessee Votes profile
- Tennessee Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Tennessee Department of State - Unofficial primary results
- Nashville Tennessean, "Love wins over Pruitt in 58th race," August 3, 2012
- Unofficial Democratic state representative primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- Official House Election Results, 2010
- Election Results, Tennessee House of Representatives, District 58
- District 58 Tennessee House Spending, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Tennessee House donor numbers
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 58
| Succeeded by|
Harold M. Love (D)
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |