Mary Ruth Edwards
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 16a|
Edwards's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Defending Our Families
- Excerpt:"Homosexuals and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose; they don’t have the right to redefine marriage for all of us. In Olympia, I will work to repeal the same-sex marriage law recently passed, if not repealed via referendum at the ballot box."
- Excerpt:"Decisions as to how our children are to be educated should be made by parents and Washington State - not the federal government! I believe parents should have a choice on how their children are educated and when. Charter schools, online schools, home school, public school - there are many ways to educate our children."
Restoring Our State
- Excerpt:"The closer civil government is to the people, the more responsible, responsive, and accountable it is likely to be. I will work with other conservatives in the legislature to restore our state sovereignty, and preserve individual property rights."
Cost of Big Government
- Excerpt:" I pledge to the constituents of the 16th District that I will not procrastinate or avoid working on critical issues such as the budget. We elect representatives to take their jobs seriously, not deal with superficial issues above critical ones."
- Excerpt:"When I am representing you in Olympia, I will support and vote for this bill to opt out of Obamacare."
Edwards ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 16a. Edwards ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Maureen Walsh (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 16a, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Maureen Walsh Incumbent||58.2%||25,503|
|Republican||Mary Ruth Edwards||41.8%||18,307|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Edwards + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |