|Arkansas State Senate District 31|
|2003-January 10, 2013|
|Base salary||$15,869 per year|
|Per diem||$136 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||November 2002|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Arkansas House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas Tech University (1961)|
Salmon was Commissioner of the Lakewood Improvement District. She served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.
She earned her BA from Arkansas Tech University in 1961. Salmon was an Appointment Coordinator for Governor of Arkansas Bill Clinton from 1984 to 1990. She has also worked as Executive Director and as a Teacher. She is currently a Consultant.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Salmon served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly, Chair
- Lottery Commission Legislative Oversight Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Budget Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Subcommittee on Special Language
- Education Committee, Arkansas State Senate, Vice Chair
- Senate Efficiency Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Salmon served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development
- Children and Youth Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Education Committee, Arkansas State Senate
- Senate Rules, Resolutions and Memorials Committee, Arkansas State Senate
Salmon raised $46,688 for her campaign.
Salmon raised no money in the 2010 election cycle.
In 2008, Salmon collected $46,688 in donations.
Her largest contributor in 2008 was Friedkin Business Services, which donated $2,000.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mary + Salmon + Arkansas + Senate"
- Thirty-seven Ouachita students named to Who's Who - Ouachita Baptist University News
- Sanford Comeback: Redemption or Partisan Proclivities - The Moderate Voice
- ACLU of Arkansas Rights of Spring Annual Awards Event - In Arkansas
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Salmon and her husband, Don, have two children.
- Official Arkansas State Senate website of Senator Mary Salmon
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Mary Salmon
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006 2004 2002 2000
- Mary Salmon on LinkedIn
|Arkansas State Senate District 31
| Succeeded by|
Joyce Elliott (D)