|Maryland House of Delegates District 36|
| Term in office began|
January 11, 1995
| Term in office ended|
January 12, 2011
Walkup is a former Nurse Supervisor, Obstetrical Patient Care at the University of Maryland Hospital. She was President of the Kent County Board of County Commissioners from 1982-1986, and served on the Board from 1978-1986.
Walkup is a member of the Maryland Taxpayers Protection Caucus, Task Force on Broadband Communications Deployment in Underserved Rural Areas, Maryland Rural Caucus, Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, Mid-Shore Regional Council, Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, Bainbridge Development Advisory Board, and Women Legislators of Maryland.
- Chesapeake & Atlantic Coastal Bays Critical Area
- Economic Matters
- Subcommittee on Banking, Economic Development, Science and Technology
- Subcommittee on Public Utilities
- Subcommittee on Workers Compensation
- Information Technology & Biotechnology
- Rules & Executive Nominations
Walkup did not seek re-election to District 36 in the 2010 election.
On November 7, 2006, Mary Walkup ran for District 36 of the Maryland House of Delegates, behind Richard Sossi but beating Michael Smigiel, Sr., Wheeler Baker, Mark Guns, Joan Horsey, and Joseph Sanchez.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 36|
|Richard Sossi (R)||19,450|
|Mary Walkup (R)||19,430|
|Michael Smigiel, Sr. (R)||17,764|
|Wheeler Baker (D)||16,950|
|Mark Guns (D)||15,475|
|Joan Horsey (D)||13,498|
|Joseph Sanchez (G)||4,137|
In 2006 Mary Walkup collected $15,494 in donations.
Her two largest contributors in 2006 were:
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Mary Walkup
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
|Maryland House of Delegates District 36
1995–January 12, 2011
| Succeeded by|
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |