Maryland 2012 ballot measures
Seven ballot measures were certified to appear on the 2012 ballot in Maryland.
- Three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments, three were veto referendums and one was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- All seven measures were approved.
- Topics include: judicial reform, education.
- The 2011 legislative session ended on Monday, April 11, 2011, with no certified measures.
- 2012 state legislative session began on January 11, 2012 and ended on April 19, 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
|Question 1||Judicial reform||Prescribes different qualifications for judges of the Orphans' Court for Prince George's County|
|Question 2||Judicial reform||Prescribes different qualifications for judges of the Orphans' Court for Baltimore County|
|Question 3||Law||Specifies condition under which and elected official convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors is to be removed form office|
|VR||Question 4||Education||Would approve legislation that guarantees in-state tuition to illegal immigrants|
|VR||Question 5||Redistricting||Would approve Maryland's congressional redistricting plan passed in October 2011.|
|VR||Question 6||Marriage||Would approve a law that allows same-sex couples to obtain a civil marriage license.|
|LRSS||Question 7||Gambling||Allows the construction of a new casino in Prince George's County.|
Not on the ballot
|English Amendment||English||Would make English the official language of the state.|
|Table Slots Referendum||Gambling||Would legalize full table games at Maryland slot machine parlors.|
|Gaming Program Amendment||Gambling||Would remove the state's gaming program from Maryland's constitution.|
|Transportation Trust Fund Amendment||Transportation||Establishes a transportation trust fund.|
|Prince George's Local Slots Measure||Gambling||Would approve local slots in Prince George's county.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012.
- NBC Washington, "Deficit, Taxes, Gay Marriage to Busy Md. Lawmakers," January 3, 2012
- The Baltimore Sun, "Done and left undone in 2011 legislative session," April 12, 2011