Maryland down ballot state executive elections, 2014
June 24, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Attorney General
Maryland has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
|Office||Incumbent||Assumed Office||Incumbent running?|
- William H. Campbell - Former assistant U.S. Secretary of Veterans of Affairs, Ex-Amtrak CFO
- Anjali Reed Phukan
The comptroller's main duties include collecting all of the revenues from state programs, to provide information technology services for most of the state agencies, to regulate the state’s alcohol, tobacco and motor fuel industries and he is also a member of many state boards and commissions including, the board of revenue estimates, the board of public works, the board of trustees of the State retirement and pension system, and also is a register of wills. The comptroller also performs audits for taxpayers for compliance, they handle delinquent tax collection, and they enforce license and unclaimed property laws. The agency also publicizes forgotten bank accounts, insurance benefits and other unclaimed assets of taxpayers.
- Washington Blade, "Exclusive: Mizeur eyeing run for Maryland governor," November 14, 2012
- Baltimore Sun, "Franchot says he won't run for governor," December 11, 2012
- William H. Campbell for Comptroller 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Homepage," accessed September 9, 2013
- State Board of Elections, 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election State Candidates List, February 26, 2014
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |