Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
|Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$4.3 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Massachusetts school districts
List of school districts in Massachusetts
Public education in Massachusetts
School board elections portal
|“||The mission of the Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education is to strengthen the Commonwealth's public education system so that every student is prepared to succeed in postsecondary education, compete in the global economy, and understand the rights and responsibilities of American citizens, and in so doing, to close all proficiency gaps.||”|
- Deputy Commissioner: Alan J. Ingram
- Deputy Commissioner: Jeff Wulfson
- Chief Operating Officer: Carole Thomson
State Board of Education
The Massachusetts State Board of Education is composed of a chairperson, vice-chairperson and a secretary. The chairperson is appointed by the governor, while the vice-chairperson is elected by the Board from a poll of persons nominated by the Board. A vice-chairperson holds office for one year until another person is elected by the board. The secretary also acts as the Commissioner of Education and is appointed by the Board of Education.
The following chart outlines the organizational structure of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Massachusetts + Department + Elementary + Secondary + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Commissioner of Education
- Massachusetts school districts
- Public education in Massachusetts
- School board elections portal
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "FY14 Update on State Aid Programs for Elementary and Secondary Education," accessed January 22, 2014
- EducationBug.org, "Massachusetts," accessed January 22, 2014
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "Administration," accessed January 22, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "Springfield Superintendent Named Deputy Education Commissioner," accessed January 22, 2014
- Massachusetts Department of Education, "By-Laws of the Board of Education," accessed May 16, 2010
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education | Massachusetts school districts |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |